An integral and vital part of our dealership is the efficient delivery and pick up of parts and related items. It allows us to improve our customer experience and our operations by getting the part to the customer sooner or to the service department to get a truck repaired faster.
The Parts Driver is responsible for picking up and delivering parts and related items in a safe and professional manner. This position can improve and impact our customers overall experience by providing exceptional customer service by completing the following:
- Providing input and feedback about issues and opportunities based on their observations and interactions with customers.
- Operating a class 5 vehicle to pick up and deliver various products.
- Performing pre-trip and post-trip inspections of vehicle.
- Planning delivery routes and schedules.
- Loading and unloading cargo, goods or merchandise.
- Complying with all applicable traffic and other relevant laws
- Recording information related to pick-ups and deliveries, vehicle mileage and fuel costs and report any incidents or problems encountered
- Sorting freight or cargo for delivery
- Communicating with parts department staff using mobile phone.
- Assisting other parts staff with completing orders and deliveries.
- Assisting other staff in the department as needed