Glover International Trucks is a leading commercial truck dealer that has been serving Central Alberta since 1976.
We are looking for Heavy Equipment Technicians / Heavy Duty Mechanics / Truck and Transport Mechanics who enjoy working on trucks and are interested in furthering themselves through training and development. If you are looking for consistent hours, stable work, and opportunities for growth and advancement we would like to hear from you!
The Truck and Transport Mechanic is responsible for diagnosing, repairing or overhauling commercial trucks, buses and trailers to manufacturer specifications, applicable legislation and customer’s request.
They are responsible for the following:
- Interpreting work orders and technical manuals.
- Performing general and preventive maintenance services.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting mechanical and electronic failures by visually inspecting, listening to customer input, test driving, and using diagnostic tools.
- Completing a "Quick-Check" to determine the need for other unrelated repairs and advising customer of potential future issues.
- Notifying Service Counter Staff of any additional repairs needed.
- Completing repairs or replacing defective parts, components or systems as required.
- Testing and inspecting vehicle to ensure repairs are completed to manufacturer specifications and Government standards.
- Documenting serial number and recording repair story on work order noting problems or unusual situations encountered during repairs
- Training and/or assisting other technicians or apprentices with their work.
- Other related or similar duties as required.