The Outside Parts Salesperson is responsible for growing our existing business with current customers and soliciting new business with wholesale and fleet customers. The Outside Salesperson's will represent the dealership and the Parts Department in the customer's place of business, address their parts needs, respond to information inquiries, process parts orders, identify sales opportunities and sell additional parts and accessories.
The salesperson’s primary duties and responsibilities are to professionally represent the Parts Department, identify additional sales opportunities and make additional sales by:
- Becoming a welcomed visitor to the customer's place of business by providing a value-added experience with regular customer visits.
- Getting to know the customer, the customer's business and the needs of that business.
- Responding to customer parts or information requests quickly.
- Identifying customer needs and opportunities that will produce additional sales.
- Thorough preparation for, and presentation of, sales proposals.
- The presentation of new items or services during each visit.
- Courteous customer service including problem identification and concern resolution.
The secondary duties and responsibilities are to be performed as necessary and include:
- Accurate and timely maintenance of activity and sales reports.
- The installation and maintenance of at customer inventory or other sales programs.
- Periodic delivery of light parts when logistically advantageous or to address customer need.
- Ensuring that company vehicles are properly maintained and are clean and professional.
- Assistance with the creation of additional sales programs and customer management tools.
- General organizational and administrative duties as directed by Parts Manager.
- Assists other staff in the department as needed.