An integral and vital part of our dealership is the efficient operation of our parts warehouse. Having a well maintained, orderly and properly stocked warehouse allows us to locate parts quickly so our customers can get their parts faster plus it allows for better inventory control and cost management.
The Shipper Receiver is responsible for accurately receiving, storing, and shipping parts and maintaining a clean and orderly parts warehouse which will include the following:
- To assist customers with their parts orders to fulfill company’s customer service objectives
- Accurately fill and prepare part orders for delivery based on requests from the parts sales staff
- Accurately track incoming and outgoing shipments, noting shipper and destination with correct labeling to ensure timely delivery
- Receive product from suppliers and customers using equipment provided
- Place parts in the appropriate bin for storage, and correct computer records to ensure our inventory is accurate.
- Assist in preparing of vendor part returns to ensure documentation is complete
- Assist in preparing core returns to proper vendors. Package, inspect, and ensure completion of necessary documentation
- Assist in the physical inventory count of the parts department
- Acquire authorization and/or purchase orders as needed for billing purposes
- Assisting other staff in the department as needed